We Will Rock 2!

Welcome to Mrs. Lang's classroom!

Operation Christmas Child

October27

As we get closer to the Christmas season, I’ve been looking for a way for the class to experience the joy of giving to the less fortunate. This year, I’ve decided to involve our class in Operation Christmas Child Canada. Follow the link to learn more. I have ordered 25 shoeboxes for our class to fill with items for hurting children around the world.

Operation Christmas Child provides an opportunity for people of all ages to be involved in a simple, hands-on project of Samaritan’s Purse that focuses on the true meaning of Christmas – Jesus Christ – God’s greatest gift.

Beginning now, I am asking each family to donate items that will fill a shoebox as well as a $7 donation to cover the shipping costs for the organization. All items should be received in our classroom by November 16th. We will have a shoebox packing party that week to get them all ready so I can take them to the donation centre.

FILL YOUR SHOEBOX

• Fill your shoebox with a well-balanced variety of items from the following categories:
  • School Supplies – Items such as pens, pencils, pencil crayons, note pads, and picture books
  • Hygiene Items  – Items such as: facecloth, toothbrush, comb, and soap. Please place soap in a sealable bag
  • Toys & Other Gifts – Items such as: stuffed animals, small musical instruments, hair clips, toy jewelry, t-shirts, and socks
  • Personal Note  – Include a personal note and/or a photo in your shoebox (not inside the donation envelope)

DO NOT INCLUDE:

• Decks of standard playing cards (other card games such as UNO are allowed)
  • Food or candy: Including gum (due to customs regulations)
  • Used items (due to customs regulations)
  • Toothpaste (due to customs regulations)
  • Liquids or items that could leak, melt, freeze, or break – Shampoo, creams, lip balm, bath gels, mirrors, or glass, etc. (these can damage other items in the shoebox).
  • Items that can scare or harm a child – War-related toys, knives, and toy guns, etc.

I haven’t spoken to the kids about it yet but will this week. This will be a great way of giving back and teaching the kids about the meaning of Christmas!

by posted under Uncategorized | 2 Comments »    
2 Comments to

“Operation Christmas Child”

1. October 27th, 2015 at 8:11 pm      Reply Kieran's mom Says:

I think this is a fantastic idea!!….a great way to illustrate how blessed we are when there are children in the world that don’t even have the basic necessities!

2. October 28th, 2015 at 6:18 am      Reply mrsjlang Says:

My sentiments exactly! Thank you for your support!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar